Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:42 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:37 am 
Offline
Pkunk Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Posts: 308
Location: Can Town
First post here. Hey everyone. I'm Saria, I've been lurking these forums... so I've finally decided to post, so why not start with some of my art. It's not very good... but... Hurrah?!

Image BFFs
Image This doll took forever but it was totally worth it.
Image I love this meme.
Image Androsynth

Now for some linked stuff because I'm far too lazy to grab thumbnails:

I killed a childhood with this one... : Fwiffo x Captain I did it on a dare and now it's my one true pairing. Something is wrong with me... very, very wrong.
And this one is linked because it has a small bit of nudity: Talana
Something I started but will never finish
Minecraft Skin: It's an Arilou!
And an Utwig and Sister Miriam from Alpha Centauri. I love that game.
An Arilou harassing the Captain in terrible MSPaint... oh boy. (Also further proof that I shouldn't try to draw anything after 3am)

I also did this, it's cheesy, but hey I wanted to brush up on flash: http://9ironsandwich.inkiw.net/?p=105

I have a bunch of doodles around somewhere, maybe one day I'll scan them if people want to see them. Either way, thanks for clicking this topic!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline
Ilwrath torturer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm
Posts: 458
Quote:
I also did this, it's cheesy, but hey I wanted to brush up on flash: http://9ironsandwich.inkiw.net/?p=105


I actually really enjoyed that! I always wondered what it would be like to put the craziest SC aliens into other realities.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am 
Offline
Silly Supox
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:21 am
Posts: 73
Location: PseudoSpace
I had previously seen much of your art floating around, fantastic work I must say! Some of it is a little abstract, but I am not at all offended by this, for it is enjoyable to see a variety of artists tackling Star Control from different angles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:55 am 
Offline
Yehat Revolutionist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am
Posts: 756
Location: Citadel Station
Now why on a 4X game would you choose to be a faction thats technologically retarded? Beats me, but still very nice fan stuff, including the flash animations. {Also, I get your avatar, I like it :)-smf }

_________________
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:54 am 
Offline
Pkunk Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Posts: 308
Location: Can Town
Maloo Oture wrote:
Quote:
I also did this, it's cheesy, but hey I wanted to brush up on flash: http://9ironsandwich.inkiw.net/?p=105


I actually really enjoyed that! I always wondered what it would be like to put the craziest SC aliens into other realities.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
(Umgahs obviously made it so that Bruce Willis had to go save the Earth in Armageddon. Drop Asteroid, then lol)

Guizot wrote:
I had previously seen much of your art floating around, fantastic work I must say! Some of it is a little abstract, but I am not at all offended by this, for it is enjoyable to see a variety of artists tackling Star Control from different angles.


Thank you very much! And that's good, I'm glad you're not offended. :D

Nuclear wrote:
Now why on a 4X game would you choose to be a faction thats technologically retarded? Beats me, but still very nice fan stuff, including the flash animations. {Also, I get your avatar, I like it :)-smf }


To use the amazing probe bonus and steal your technology from your probe failure neighbors who are technological geniuses, of course, then attack with fanatical military bonuses. And thank you, I'm glad you like them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 am 
Offline
Arilou wiseguy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 am
Posts: 201
*applauds*

Nice art Saria, a very unique style.

Great to have somehting new to look at :)-smf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 am 
Offline
ZFP Peacekeeper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 2881
Location: Dead World
I think the best friends picture is really lovely. I like the idea of the Spathi being really tiny like you've drawn them, it makes their fear of everything stand out even more.

Also, that flash ended rather abruptly, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Wonder what they thought about the whole slaveshield thing before they got fried.

Oh, and the MSPaint of the Captain and the Arilou has great facial expressions, the Captain just looks so annoyed!

Glad to have you aboard Saria, welcome to the forums! Or to actively posting on them anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:46 pm 
Offline
Arilou wiseguy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:02 pm
Posts: 210
Location: USA
I MUST get that Minecraft skin once I buy the game!

Oh, and that flash it awesome. And the art is glorious.

You make me want to practice some more.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:05 am 
Offline
Atum-ta the Sixth
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Posts: 1283
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Love the art, especially the Spathi pics. And the posable Fwiffo is adorable.

The Flash animation amused me for a few moments, though having never played Mass Effect, I'm probably missing out on some of the humor there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Star Control Fanart
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:17 pm 
Offline
Pkunk Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Posts: 308
Location: Can Town
Cedric6014 wrote:
*applauds*

Nice art Saria, a very unique style.

Great to have somehting new to look at :)-smf


Thank you very much!

Lukipela wrote:
I think the best friends picture is really lovely. I like the idea of the Spathi being really tiny like you've drawn them, it makes their fear of everything stand out even more.

Also, that flash ended rather abruptly, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Wonder what they thought about the whole slaveshield thing before they got fried.

Oh, and the MSPaint of the Captain and the Arilou has great facial expressions, the Captain just looks so annoyed!

Glad to have you aboard Saria, welcome to the forums! Or to actively posting on them anyway.


Thank you so much for the comments. I have no idea how big the spathi are, but I've always imagined them pretty small. Yeah, I was much too lazy to make a proper fade or a proper ending to that flash...! Arilou: touching your face all day, every day.

I hope to be posting more, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be lurking around for the majority of the time.

BaVB wrote:
I MUST get that Minecraft skin once I buy the game!

Oh, and that flash it awesome. And the art is glorious.

You make me want to practice some more.


Be careful, Minecraft is so addicting...! And thank you very much.

Draxas wrote:
Love the art, especially the Spathi pics. And the posable Fwiffo is adorable.

The Flash animation amused me for a few moments, though having never played Mass Effect, I'm probably missing out on some of the humor there.


Thank you very much, I kept seeing thread for days after I sewed that Fwiffo... mighty scary. Mass Effect is pretty fun, if you're bored you should give it a go one day.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group - Theme modification by Lukipela and custom theme art by Zensmurfy