Sins of a Solar Empire Mod - 7 DEADLY SINS

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Mod - 7 DEADLY SINS

Post by Lukipela » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:47 am

As always Danmna, your pictures are stunningly beautiful. Is there a reason for having two separate Sa-Matras though?

Interesting to see you've started on the Ilwrath. Are you going to be developing the same type of ship suite for them? How will their "Ilwrathness" be integrated?

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Thank you Lukipela, my aim is to impress the hardcore SC fans and also give them something worth waiting for, and playing too. While I am taking my own liberties as far as storyline and race expansion, I am trying to keep the same look and feel of good old Star Control.

There are a few reasons why there are 2 Sa-Matra's actually:

1 - I found different versions all over the net, of different fan art out there. This was one way of paying homage to them.

2 - I had both Gihren (member here) and my friend HammerSun make models of the Sa-Matra. I could not decide on which I wanted, and I know they both worked hard on their version, so I used them both.

3 - The storyline is POST SC2, so the original has already been destroyed. Each race spent their own share of time with the Sa-Matra, so it is only natural that each race would come up with their own redesign of the Sa-Matra based on their own doctrines.

4 - I had originally had a Starbase version planned (battleplatform that can't leave the planet) and then a ship version. This did not seem to work very well in testing, so both we made into ships that could travel the stars. The Kohr-Ah actually do not have a Starbase at all, save for their captial ship factory which acts like a starbase, and the Kzer-Za have a new version of the SC starbase, which when put in orbit actually enslaves the planet below under a slave shield, shutting down the planet.

Anyways, more to come. I am writing storyline and everything for this. 7DS is my own little universe. Thank God I had SC to have a heavy influence in my life....

DANMAN

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:27 pm

By the way, we have many new custom written music tracks for this too, and would be more than willing to share them with the SC fans. One of the best is a custom made Kohr-Ah track.

In my universe, the Kohr-Ah are even more evil and twisted than before. Due to their defeat at the hands of the Earth Captain, they have regrouped and have become more diligent in their beliefs in the Eternal Doctrine. Before they did the "cleansing" for survival, now they are actually enjoying it, feeding on it, it is what drives them, what binds them, what makes them wake up each day, what keeps them pressing on. The fight, the battle, the glory of exterminating yet another sentient race. Some of their ships are equipped with "feeding" units, in which after the battle is over, a vortex of energy is created within the Kohr-Ah ship, that literally sucks in all the debris from space, and breaks it down into energy and components which the Korh-Ah then use to repair the hull of their ship, literally covering the hull with the remnants of the dead. It is like murdering someone, and then covering yourself with their blood and body parts....yum!

Anyways, I am making the Kohr-Ah to be evil in the very sense of the word. Remember True Evil is doing bad things, yet believing they are for the better good. This is the Kohr-Ah in a nutshell, and based on the original visions of TFB. I am just expanding on that theory.

I hope you all enjoy my creations...

DANMAN

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh, forgot to answer your question. For now the Ilwrath will just be the one ship, part of the Kzer-Za actually as a battle thrall. In some time though, I do have some variants planned.

And since I now have a working cloaking device in the game, that should not be too hard to let the Ilwrath worship Dogar and Kazon on their own relatively soon.

DANMAN

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:19 pm

DANMAN3712 wrote:Oh, forgot to answer your question. For now the Ilwrath will just be the one ship, part of the Kzer-Za actually as a battle thrall. In some time though, I do have some variants planned.

And since I now have a working cloaking device in the game, that should not be too hard to let the Ilwrath worship Dogar and Kazon on their own relatively soon.

DANMAN
Cool, so you've abandoned the idea of making a fleet for every race for now then? A hierarchy and Alliance team sounds like it could be pretty exciting.

Also, all music tracks you have I'd happy to take part of. just like I'd love to get my hands on your models. Are they available for download somewhere or do we need to email a bit?

Green Tea
I'M ALIVE!

Post by Green Tea » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 am

wow this is pretty sweet

good job

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Greetings All!

Sorry I have been quiet for awhile, life loves to interject and mess things up. I have been sick working 2 jobs, and trying to hold the fort down. but that doesn't mean we have not been busy!

The 7 Deadly Sins project is more alive than ever, and so is our game company DANMAN GAMES. We now host most of the popular mods for Sins of a Solar Empire, including those for Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate, Babylon 5, Halo, etc. But 7DS, which has Star Control content, is still the most popular Sins mod out there.

7DS is a universe all of its own, where using my own imagination with help from the team, we bridge multiple Sci-Fi universes together, including the Star Control Universe.

Here is what is happening so far.

The Kzer-Za and Kohr-Ah 3rd Doctrinal War is underway. Since the destruction of the Sa-Matra, both realized that they needed something new to get the edge in the war, let alone their own doctrines of either enslaving or cleansing the galaxy. Both races had time to study the Sa-Matra before it was destroyed, and they also stumbled upon some Precursor technology in the 7DS universe. Hence, they have both made their own designs for the Sa-Matra, and now employ them as super weapons against each other and other races.

The Arilou are on the run, and on the offensive, as desperation has set in. Something has caused Quasipace to begin to collapse (Orz perhaps?) and they are busy resettling in normal space. Hence, we see many new ships from then never before employed, and more aggressive tactics to take claim and defend their new homes from the Ur-Quan and other races bearing down on them.

The Taalo have made a triumphant return. In the 7DS storyline, they were not wiped out, as SC2 eludes to, but they went dormant. They hid in plain site as asteroids and planetary bodies. Now, resource asteroids, small moons, rocks, debris, have all come to life as something awakened the Taalo from their slumber. And they are a force to be reckoned with, let alone getting your butt handed to you in battle by a bunch of rocks...heheheee...

The Mycon will be joining the Kzer-Za soon as a battle Thrall, as well as the Ilwrath and a few others with the help of some modelers here (thats you Scott!)

The attitudes also are a bit shifted now for the races. As said, the Arilou are no longer the watchers, they must do what they must to survive (it gets them into the action)

The Kzer-Za are now behaving more like the Kzer-Za from the denounced SC3, they are friendlier, and more good than evil. They still "enslave" for their own purposes, but are now a little more flexible in their practices, so long as the ultimate threat, the Kohr-Ah, are defeated. They are more diplomatic, more social, more Kzer-Za like then ever before, and use their diplomatic prowess to their advantage. They have found that "asking" other races to join them in their fight rather than "enslaving" them works better to their advantage. Other races perform better when they are fighting for their own lives rather than just being subjugated by another race to do their bidding. Yes, very crafty the Kzer-Za have become. Their ships have also evolved, and their fighters are the best in the known universe. They live and die by their strikecraft while firing plasma bolts from afar. They also can deploy a Starbase around any world, friend or foe, and erect another "slave shield" to either benefit or deny the population below.

The Kohr-Ah have become the ultimate killing machines. But they do not kill...they cleanse. And oh they do enjoy cleansing the universe of filth. They have become more pleased with the cleansing, and take great joy in doing so. They still believe it is what they must do to secure their survival, but they have taken a new found pleasure in doing so. They also have found that actually "cleaning" up after themselves is beneficial to not only them, but their fleet, and now actually "consume" their victims. After the battle is won, the Kohr-Ah ships can now activate a debris collector to "cleanse" the gravity well of debris. This debris is then taken into the ship, and processed to repair damage done to the Kohr-ah ship. So now not only do the Kohr-Ah hang over their trophy bone pit, but they actually adorn their ship's hull with the wreckage of their last victory.

The Arilou deploy most of their ships from a mother ship, a giant UFO saucer from the old sci-fi movies. They employ various ufo ships designed after old sci-fi movies, and look and act the part of our almond shaped eye alien friends. They are the fastest ships in the galaxy, both in and out of the gravity well. They use Quasispace portals to travel from world to world, and get their almost instantly, usually way ahead of either their target or whoever is chasing them. The Skiff is in the forefront, being one of their best ships and form the backbone of their fleet. They have also slightly befriended the Kzer-Za, again out of desperation, and received plans from them on planetary structures which the Kzer-Za stole from the Vasari (Sins race).

So, that's whats going on so far. Planned, the Chmmr will be in, as well as a full return of the Precursors, as we have many designs for their ships, including the 2 Sa-Matra's already in the game. The Mycon and Ilwrath will be joining the Kzer-Za soon, as well as the Druuge.

I will be posting pics and videos over here in my thread soon. However, I do have stuff up now at our site at www.danmangames.com

Simply go to the Sins/7DS section, and you will see pictures, videos, etc, of what has been published and released so far. And yes, the Taalo pics are there, as well as the Sa-Matra's.

Keep Star Control Alive!

DANMAN

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Taalo in action....

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 pm

More Taalo...

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Kohr-Ah Sa-Matra surrounded by Imperial Star Destroyers....and kicking their butt...