Sins of a Solar Empire Mod - 7 DEADLY SINS

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Mod - 7 DEADLY SINS

Post by DANMAN3712 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:24 pm

That was a concern of mine, and I was going to work with TFB on it anyways. I have been in touch with them over these past few years, and they gave their blessing long ago so long as I don't try to hijack their game LOL!

For now, I would only use the ships/designs we know about. I can keep what the actual race looks like a secret, and NOT go the SC3 way where they are a bunch of cows.

Don't know yet, and I am still looking for guidance and opinions from this forum to see what people think on the Precursors.

Thanks for the feedback!

DANMAN

runonthespot
Arilou wiseguy

Post by runonthespot » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm

All looks great.

Re Precursors, tend to agree with others here. Best left or risk creating "Midichlorians" and we all know http://midichlorianssuck.com/
Mike Renwick
http://www.twitter.com/runonthespot
http://www.youtube.com/runonthespot
"You have made a good start and are to be commended. Now go finish the job." - Spathi High Council

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 am

Well, if this is just a stand-alone project in the StarControl storyline, I would say adding in Precursors would be a fun idea. Do whatever your creativity warrants I say!
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm

runonthespot wrote:Re Precursors, tend to agree with others here. Best left or risk creating "Midichlorians" and we all know http://midichlorianssuck.com/
As long as it's not canon, it can't get as bad as midichlorians. I don't have a problem with fanon solutions to precursor mysteries, even kind of lame ones.

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Glad to see you guys are ok with it.

SC fans are my toughest critics, and wanting to do glory to the SC name, I so want you guys to be happy with what I am doing.

In any case, the Beta is almost ready. You will need Sins of a Solar Empire to play it.

Races included with this release are:

Korh-Ah, Kzer-Za, Arilou, Taalo, and of course 2 Sa-Matra's

Here is a link to the manual for the 7 Deadly Sins mod. It will give you lowdown on all the races in the mod, and in my little universe...

http://samazralan.deviantart.com/#/d3bsnaf

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Greetings All!

I have had log in problems, so I couldn't get in here for almost a year! We are progressing well over at DMG, and the 7 Deadly Sins mod is better than ever.

I have increased the SC content as well. We know have the following races in game:

Ur-Quan Kzer-Za, Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah, Mycon, Arilou, Taalo, Precursors (2 Sa-Matra's) and the Dynrarri.

I am also working on the VUX at this moment, as well as the Chmmr and Pkunk. The Mycon are part of the Kzer-Za...I am rebuilding the Hierarchy in a way...but this time the Kzer-Za are more good guys than bad guys...they have bigger fish to fry.

I'll post some new screenshots soon.

The Beta is out now btw.

DANMAN

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:53 am

Looking good Danman and good to hear from you again. Bigger fish you say? No matter, the Sa-Matra will sort them out.

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Thank you Lukipela!

I have the Mycon Podship in now and it is fully functional. I am working on the regeneration ability now. It is part of the new Kzer-Za Hierarchy. They utilize it for their long range assaults. I will post pics of it in action soon.

DANMAN

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed May 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Looking forward to the pics!

DANMAN3712
Hunam adventurer

Post by DANMAN3712 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Hey All,

Sorry I've been not around much, real life and work have been throwing my curve balls for months now. The full release of 7DS 2.5 for Sins of a Solar Empire Entrenchment is out now.

I will be doing a play through shooting many pics for you all and posting them here. They will be up in a few days.

DANMAN