Project 6014 Demo 0.2.1 released!

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Project 6014 Demo 0.2.1 released!

Post by dczanik » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Who do we talk to about getting stuff featured on the front page now? I'd like to get something about the new demo mentioned on the main page as soon as the Windows version is released.

Dabir:
Bummer. Works for me.
I've got it up on my site too:
http://dczanik.deviantart.com/gallery/

Red starmap:

Blue starmap:

Just click "Download image" on the page to download them.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 pm

When I open in a new tab I get the option to save or open using Picasa. Sounds like browser trouble.

EDIT: Looks like the links have been changed to go to deviantart now.

Megagun
Salesman

Post by Megagun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Google Code seems to cause some problems when you link to files that are on our SVN repositories. Use the mirrors instead.

A spoiler-free A4-printable starmap, plus an "interactive starmap" which you can drag around and zoom inside your browser are available on the Downloads page: http://code.google.com/p/project6014/wiki/Downloads

Also, .deb packages for Ubuntu Linux / Linux Mint / Debian are now available!

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:57 am

Posting this on here since it's a smaller group...
I haven't had time to test it yet, so if it doesn't work.... Well, we'll have to fix it.

Windows download seems to be available on the site too:
http://code.google.com/p/project6014/wi ... loads?tm=2
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm

So! It's out! go get it!

Let us know what you think of the enhancements to the ships here:
http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=5156.45
- Damon Czanik

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Installing Project 6014 Demo 0.2.1...

4 minutes remaining...
3 minutes remaining...
2 minutes remaining...

Dad: "Hey, Greg- can you go out now and shovel the driveway?"

Dangit.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Played a bit with Oldlaptop.

- Bug #69: FoonFoon does not resume to normal speed after the special attack. To replicate: Use special -> stop using special -> keep thrusting forwards, but do not rotate. You are now going at the slowed down speed until you press left or right.
- Graphics: Orz turret is difficult to see with the new graphics. It would be useful to have those red / purple pixels a bit brighter, or maybe the red area could be a pixel or two wider? This is especially hard when max zoomed out and turret is facing sideways. Most of the time I use Orz with the turret at a slight angle forwards.
- Baul still a bit hard to fly. It kills itself most of the time. Range improvement does not give anything additional of use. We earlier proposed making Baul immune to the damage, but that would probably make the ship overly defensive. It might be a better move to make the ship take 1/4 damage from the gas so that it can attack, but still has to consider its moves a bit. The gas damage is quite good: a careless Chmmr might find itself dead in one single volley, but this can be avoided by proper piloting. The ship is still unable to go in any offensive though. The gas clouds might work better if they flew further and faster. The main gun is at times a bit difficult to aim at the gas. Maybe some homing thing might work for the igniter, not sure.
- Explorer stun duration is too short. The ship is so slow that in order to get anything out of the stun you always have to fire it when the enemy ship is approaching. This makes it difficult to play in any matches where Explorer is on the offensive.
- Explorer battery consumption is too large, or regen is too slow. The ship can fire one stun bomb, and then has to be able to land hits on the enemy immediately after that. Longer stun duration might help here, but might not be enough for playing the ship properly.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

KING
Hunam adventurer

Post by KING » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:53 am

this is truly awesome!...i cant say enough good things about this project and what your doing...now SC3 was...errr bad?...but story was great...n graphics were decent...just bad gameplay n all that...anyways if u continue this project i HIGHLY recommend making new races n new ships etc...there was a STAR CONTROL FIGHTER MOD i played...they had over 50 ships all new that were fully working...u might wanna hunt those ppl down seeing as u have similar goals...but i did play that almost 7 years ago...anyway DEF keep doing this...i think we shud def donate to this cause...just hit me up if u need my opinion or ideas...i have a project im thinkin up myself...

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 am

KING wrote:this is truly awesome!...i cant say enough good things about this project and what your doing...now SC3 was...errr bad?...but story was great...n graphics were decent...just bad gameplay n all that...anyways if u continue this project i HIGHLY recommend making new races n new ships etc...there was a STAR CONTROL FIGHTER MOD i played...they had over 50 ships all new that were fully working...u might wanna hunt those ppl down seeing as u have similar goals...but i did play that almost 7 years ago...anyway DEF keep doing this...i think we shud def donate to this cause...just hit me up if u need my opinion or ideas...i have a project im thinkin up myself...
You mean the TimeWarp Project? I think we've got a couple timewarp guys on the team. I've also contacted the guy who has started up the TimeWarp project again to see if we could help each other out. As far as I'm concerned the more Star Control, the better.

We are making new races! In fact, we've got 3 new races. You can see the Baul and Foon-Foon ships in there. We're not showing them in the demo because we want to save them for the full game. Thanks for the feedback King!
- Damon Czanik

KING
Hunam adventurer

Post by KING » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 am

Timewarp! that was def it...so im starting ur game today...ill take notes...n like i said...if u want ideas...gameplay modifications...or anything...just let me know id be happy to lend a hand in bringing this back to life!