If Star Control II had Achivements

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Re: If Star Control II had Achivements

Post by dczanik » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 am

Ur-Quan Masters HD will have achievements. Probably after Beta 1.

Some of these are a little too silly and easy. Some of these are hard if not impossible. I'll need video proof on Youtube for stuff like not losing 50 crew. The Samatra, fighting 4 Urquan ships, and not to mention the billion probes you come across. I just don't know if it can be done.

An achievement for meeting individual aliens will give us nice statistics on how far the average player gets in the game. You guys hardly count for average. ;-)
Optional quests like the re population of the Shofixti also achievements, and others sound great.

I'd also like melee achievements. So if you guys have good but doable melee challenges let's hear them. Some, I'd like video proof because I suck at melee and can't do them :oops:
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 am

dczanik wrote: I'd also like melee achievements. So if you guys have good but doable melee challenges let's hear them. Some, I'd like video proof because I suck at melee and can't do them :oops:
Some suggestions (assuming we're talking about human versus 'Awesome' ( :roll: ) AI, most of these would never work between two humans):

Beat Kohr-Ah with ZFP. Yes, this is possible, and actually rather easy once you get the hang of it.

Beat Kohr-Ah with VUX.

Beat Ilwrath with Earthling.

Beat all of either the Old Alliance or Old Hierarchy with any one ship from the 'opposite' team.

Beat Chmmr with one Shofixti and one Earthling. (This one is probably the most difficult of the bunch)

Simply beating any AI setting is not worthy of any 'achievement' in my sorta-humble opinion. :)
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 am

oldlaptop wrote:
dczanik wrote: I'd also like melee achievements. So if you guys have good but doable melee challenges let's hear them. Some, I'd like video proof because I suck at melee and can't do them :oops:
Some suggestions (assuming we're talking about human versus 'Awesome' ( :roll: ) AI, most of these would never work between two humans):

Beat Kohr-Ah with ZFP. Yes, this is possible, and actually rather easy once you get the hang of it.

Beat Kohr-Ah with VUX.

Beat Ilwrath with Earthling.

Beat all of either the Old Alliance or Old Hierarchy with any one ship from the 'opposite' team.

Beat Chmmr with one Shofixti and one Earthling. (This one is probably the most difficult of the bunch)

Simply beating any AI setting is not worthy of any 'achievement' in my sorta-humble opinion. :)
Well, the problem of Vux vs. Kohr - Ah and others is that it should be either 1v1 only or 1 fleet vs. Another fleet. Otherwise I can fight a Kohr Ah and leave 1 crew left and just knock it down with a Vux. I'd love to see a fleet vs. Fleet online if only to find out what I can do to improve.

Lol. Don't take away my accomplishment of beating the awesome AI away from me! You guys hanging out on #uqm-arena are just nuts. ;) haha!
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:42 pm

dczanik wrote:Ur-Quan Masters HD will have achievements. Probably after Beta 1.

Some of these are a little too silly and easy. Some of these are hard if not impossible. I'll need video proof on Youtube for stuff like not losing 50 crew. The Samatra, fighting 4 Urquan ships, and not to mention the billion probes you come across. I just don't know if it can be done.
Nothing that can't be solved with save-loading. Going through the whole game without losing 50 crew OR saving the game, now that's something.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 pm

dczanik wrote:
Well, the problem of Vux vs. Kohr - Ah and others is that it should be either 1v1 only or 1 fleet vs. Another fleet. Otherwise I can fight a Kohr Ah and leave 1 crew left and just knock it down with a Vux.
Yes, that's what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear. :)-smf
dczanik wrote: I'd love to see a fleet vs. Fleet online if only to find out what I can do to improve.
Hmm, I actually don't think we have any 'normal' melee games on Youtube. That's something we ought to look in to. There are a couple games Gekko uploaded to Youtube, but they're kind of... strange.

Left-turn only
Gekko plays netmelee with his piano
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 pm

oldlaptop wrote:
Hmm, I actually don't think we have any 'normal' melee games on Youtube. That's something we ought to look in to. There are a couple games Gekko uploaded to Youtube, but they're kind of... strange.

Left-turn only
Yeah, I saw the piano one! :D The left turn one is funny. I can see you guys another 20 years from now, "Okay. Play with your toes only, driving 80 miles per hour, with a touchscreen phone, and singing "Row, Row, Row your boat"....backwards"
- Damon Czanik

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 pm

dczanik wrote:
oldlaptop wrote:

Left-turn only
Yeah, I saw the piano one! :D The left turn one is funny. I can see you guys another 20 years from now, "Okay. Play with your toes only, driving 80 miles per hour, with a touchscreen phone, and singing "Row, Row, Row your boat"....backwards"
"Bow, bow, bow your roat..."
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 am

I think you mean,
"Dream a but is life..."

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:34 am

Death 999 wrote:I think you mean,
"Dream a but is life..."
I didn't feel like actually figuring out what it was but that's actually pretty good!
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

FireofDawn
I'M ALIVE!

Post by FireofDawn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 am

Created an account just to add to this topic. Anyhoo...

For melee:

Highlander:
Defeat an entire enemy armada (I'd assume all different ships) by only using one ship.

Now Ya Gotta Kiss Me:
Teleport away with an Arilou the exact moment the Shofixti detonates.
(I've NEVER been able to pull this off. Can it be done?)

Crystal Mmrnth:
Defeat an armada of Chenjesu with an armada of Mmrnmhrm, or vice versa.

Cone of Shame:
Teleport directly into the Umgah's anti-matter cone.

All Aboard!:
Have a Syreen at full crew by the end of a battle. Been playing this series since nearly day one, and I've never actually done this.

Gobstopper:
Tongue attack the planet.

Naked:
Destroy all three zap-zats without damaging an Avatar.

Just some ideas, mostly for humor's sake. I am curious to see if it's possible to dodge the self-destruct by teleporting though. That being said, love a lot of ideas people have come up with so far.