p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History

Post by Chenjesu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Yes this is for project 6014 and its fine you're not
too inquisitive. What happened was I guess a lot of people were interested but the project became flooded with so many random suggestions and many arguments arose that a complete and cohesive story couldn't be developed. So I decided to give it a try myself at first on my own and what I have so far is the result. Help wouldn't be a bad idea, or more specifically called "collaborating" as I don't want people to feel their contributions to go unconsidered, but this time we'd need to be a little more firm on the plot and history so it
Doesn't fall apart.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Chenjesu wrote:Yes this is for project 6014 and its fine you're not
too inquisitive. What happened was I guess a lot of people were interested but the project became flooded with so many random suggestions and many arguments arose that a complete and cohesive story couldn't be developed. So I decided to give it a try myself at first on my own and what I have so far is the result. Help wouldn't be a bad idea, or more specifically called "collaborating" as I don't want people to feel their contributions to go unconsidered, but this time we'd need to be a little more firm on the plot and history so it
Doesn't fall apart.
I haven't read the whole thing yet, but are you sure you're allowed to share this right now? I know the people in Project 6014 were trying to keep the plot to themselves so that other Star Control fans who weren't involved with the project wouldn't have anything spoiled before they played the game. I got an old copy of the story document- way back when, when I was going to be a part of the project- and I'm recognizing a lot of names and situations in these posts, even though they haven't really been made public yet.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 pm

quote wars!

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Yeah I'm allowed to write or tell people whatever I want, I mean I warned people that this post contains a plot line and I put spoiler tags around it, it's their choice if they wanna look. Besides I'm the real person who has to suffer because I won't be surprised by anything, though writing the story itself has been almost like playing it. I'm doing my best to consider different views like with the added races and their personalities and key traits along with things like the Taalo fighting the Dynarri I saw on the wiki page that was more official. But as long as I'm mindful of the contributions the entire wiki can be changed, and I didn't want to re-write the history and and future if UQM without giving other people a chance to contribute because I liked the idea of the plot being more community oriented. I was told however by more than one person that I should try and avoid previous mistakes and not make it into another mesh of random contributions, so some parts of the storyline like the precursor history and the Chmmr going power mad and the Lurg being puppet masters I will have to be firm on. Anything that conflicts with the SC2 story like with that the other guy said will of course have to be adjusted because I want it to be pretty accurate as well.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 am

So... Being a new member to the P6014 team... I was under the impression that the story was the part of the project that was severely lacking.... Now I can see why. I mean, I'm only a small part in the project. I dunno. I just feel like, as a fan of the series, that most of these ideas are not "star-control" enough.... Is it really just you and the fan base working on this? Wouldn't it be more prudent to create a writing team....

Sorry if this post sounds scattered... I'm very tired and I need sleeps... :D

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 am

Maloo Oture wrote:So... Being a new member to the P6014 team... I was under the impression that the story was the part of the project that was severely lacking.... Now I can see why. I mean, I'm only a small part in the project. I dunno. I just feel like, as a fan of the series, that most of these ideas are not "star-control" enough.... Is it really just you and the fan base working on this? Wouldn't it be more prudent to create a writing team....

Sorry if this post sounds scattered... I'm very tired and I need sleeps... :D
I mean I talked to two leaders of the project and they both somewhat liked what I was doing and told me I shouldn't start a whole writing team and should continue what I'm doing for now. I think maybe they had an idea to just scrap it if it didn't work out, but it may be better to just refine it now so we don't have to scrap it later and all my time isn't wasted and other people get to contribute. We still need to be careful about making it convoluted and mucky though and we need to keep in mind actually getting the project done and writing speech dialogues for the programmers is also just as important as writing the story. The main events in p6014 so far are (this is not that current or final order which these evens occur)...

Lurg become a major threat

Chmmr go power mad

Taalo return

Captain finds out Umgah were genetically altered slaves of the Lurg and possess most of their bio-engineering skills

The Lurg are building a lethal hyperwave caster which the captain get's a prototype of to help the Umgah to work on one as well

The Umgah may use the completed caster to their advantage as a "joke"

Ur-Quan get defeated (if the player get's that far)

Foon-Foon rebel against Baul overseers (or not, but it's more interesting if the player chooses to help them)

Lurg have control over the Faz and take control over the Vux (or Mycon, it's the player's choice)

Chenjesu straighten up the Chmmr (or the captain destroys them but preferably..not)

The captain finds the Nnngn

The captain finds the Airlou and Lurg are ancient rivals

The captain finds an Androsyn colony still exists in quasi-space (or a third dimension if the programmer has enough energy for that)

The Lurg control the Gg (which I planned on writing in the future)

The Lurg re-possess the Melenorme

The most important ideas we should stick with so we at least have some integrity of the core storyline are

Precursors started a seeding process

The Lurg and Airilou are both ancient races seeming like puppet masters in their own ways and the Lurg have been and are now a huge threat to the galaxy

The Chmmr go power mad

The Ur-Quan get defeated, submitting to the Alliance, the Lurg, or become extinct.

So far it seems most to everyone (which includes people I emailed outside of this discussion) likes the ideas

that the Umgah were genetically altered slaves of the Lurg, that the Mycon were made by the precursors (though on the wiki it was suggested perhaps they were bio-weapons of the Lurg), that the Taalo fought off the Dynarri, that the Baul conquered the Foon-Foon and that the captain has a choice to let them rebel (which I think was also on the p6014 wiki), and that the Chmmr go power-mad. There was one or two people who didn't like the idea that the Lurg were so much of puppet masters, but seeing as they are very ancient and probably possess great skills and intelligence it was suggested by one of the leaders that they were more sinisterly clever which I tried to do with them controlling the Faz and having them place an Nnngn in Ur-Quan territory to give the Alliance an opportunity to weaken them. There was also someone who didn't like the idea that the Melenorme were created by the Lurg to collect data, but it makes sense to me, there's probably a few ways to spice up their history though.

Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:21 am

Chenjesu wrote: As far as the Ur-Quan go I've played the game through entirely 5 times, but that was over a year ago looking at a loooooong list of sumatra quotes can only do so much.
Yeah, especially when other parts of Indonesia have quotes a lot more relevant to the storyline.

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:31 am

Lobsterman wrote:
Chenjesu wrote: As far as the Ur-Quan go I've played the game through entirely 5 times, but that was over a year ago looking at a loooooong list of sumatra quotes can only do so much.
Yeah, especially when other parts of Indonesia have quotes a lot more relevant to the storyline.
I guess some people like bickering semantics more than actually writing a plot-line to complete a great project.

Anyway here's the tweaked Ur-Quan history to better fit into the general plot-line.

In a different region of the galaxy far away from the grasp of the Lurg, the Ur-Quan, a race of sentient creatures resembling millipedes developed. On their own they were solitary but over time they evolved to form more complex societal structures and learned to work together.
Eventually they developed their own form of space travel and began colonizing a vast number of worlds and to their surprise they met the Sentient Milieu, a group of six advanced races which the Ur-Quan was later offered "membership" into.
Upon the Ur-Quan's colonization and exploration through space, their scout ship encountered the Dynarri, a sentient species with highly evolved telepathic abilities which they could use to control the Ur-Quan at their will. With power over a new species the Dynarri began to genetically alter a large population of Ur-Quan, dulling them down and making them better suited to carrying out their tasks which created a dichotomy in the Ur-Quan species and giving rise to the black Ur-Quan known as the Khor-Ah.
(...other stuff in the plotline happening...)
The Taalo who were members of the Sentient Milieu were more biologically similar to the Chenjesu had seen what the Dynarri were doing, seeing their evil and how they controlled others without pity or compassion. But the Taalo who being highly evolved and possessing a fundamentally different physiology were immune to the Dynarri's mind control. They, along with the and Chenjesu and other races knew that fighting the Ur-Quan would not stop the Dynarri, and so they cleverly went on to construct a device which made other life forms immune to the Dynarri's mind control powers.
The perfected device that harnessed Taalo physiology the most, enhancing their own telepathic powers as they remained in mehanically emerged in their shells which later became known as "Taalo Devices". These devices were first given to the Khor-Ah who with their newly regained intelligence proceeded to begin destroying the Ur-Quan ships with the Drynarri inside them. Over time enough devices and forces were culminated that the Dynarri could finally be defeated after which they were themselves genetically modified to serve the Ur-Quan for communications and minor tasks. Though, one Dynarri still remained and managed to escape into quasi space where to it's luck it met the kind Airilou who being highly evolved themselves were immune to the Dynarri's powers. Eventually the Airilou would decide to give the injured Dynarri to the Umgah who had inherited advanced bio-engineering sills from the Lurg.
However, the Taalo devices still remained scattered throughout the galaxy with the dormant Taalo inside.
(...other plot stuff...)
But the Ur-Quan still remained separated and after this triumph they became more fearful and xenophobic, taking on an almost mob-like mentality. The Khor-Ah who were somewhat more simple minded wanted to "cleanse" the galaxy, for they believed that by destroying every other race that ultimately they would be reincarnated as Ur-Quan, thus removing their possible threat. The Ur-Quan who had a similar mentality instead chose to enslave other races, migrating through space and dominating all those who would not submit to their rules. Over 20,000 years the Khor-Ah had made other races extinct, many of them minor while the Kzer-Ah had made progress enslaving any race who they thought posses a threat with a slightly greater amount of compassion than their Khor-Ah brothers. Though the Kzer-Ah and Khor-Ah had their wars with each other, they eventually parted ways, awaiting to meet each other in battle again. The Ur-Quan would migrate to the more eastern part of the galaxy where they proceeded to enslave or dominate other races.

However, the Chenjesu who were entrusted to protect races in the galaxy had their limitations. Though they could not be conquered by the Ur-Quan and occasionally saved other races, many of their attempts to defend worlds had succumb to the vast forces of the Ur-Quan and were eventually pushed to a mere three worlds far apart. For centuries they fought hard, but after the Ur-Quan war and their colony was destroyed by the Lurg hyper-wave caster they decided they could become more powerful if they merged with their Mmrmnhrm allies, and become more powerful they did, but their new Chmmr children become "too" powerful?.

During this time however something happened to the Taalo; they vanished. Somehow they managed to teleport their entire solar system into qausi space, an accident created by the Orz. The Orz are a fish-like race that developed in a different plane of existence. Though they were playful in nature, they were aggressive in their efforts to explore different dimensions and eventually met the Airlou in a "higher" dimensional plane. The Orz had great mystery surrounding them which the Airilou did not like as they grew somewhat accustom to their vast knowledge, but the Orz decided to settle in quasi-space interacting minimally with their Airlou neighbors.
(...other plot stuff...)
Though the Ur-Quan had worked with the Xen-Weyi and Yehat to overcome the Mycon, the Ur-Quan made a costly mistake when they tried to take over the Shofixty. The Shofixty, being a proud and noble race detonated their sun in an effort to destroy as many Ur-Quan as they could, but he Yehat who had developed a kinship with the Shofixty became outraged and attacked the Ur-Quan, calling on help from other races such as the Earthlings, Syreen and Chenjesu. The Chenjesu in turn would call upon the Mmrmnhrm and Airlou, but the Ur-Quan had pawns of their own as they proceeded to call upon the Vux, Umgah, Spathi and even the Mycon. After their victory they began the era of the Ur-Quan Masters, almost full-fulling their high doctrine.

After playing around with this more cohesive chunk of plotline (which you can see with the Orz) I found we can very easily build outward from it and add details in between main plot segments concerning the Ur-Quan. The Ur-Quan seemed to have a hard start, but don't feel too much sympathy as we need other races to base the story around as well. I must admit never talked to the Ur-Quan as much as other races, it seems they had a more complex history than I remembered.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:19 am

why not place a spoiler alert at the start of the topic and remove all these spoiler tags already?

Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 am

Chenjesu wrote:
Lobsterman wrote:
I guess some people like bickering semantics more than actually writing a plot-line to complete a great project.
Lighten up man, it's a joke :P