p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History

Post by Angelfish » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm

could a moderator please remove the spoiler tags?

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 pm

All you have to do is highlight words, is that so hard? Besides someone might want to look through to see how much was written or how much support it has or be in the middle of deciding if they want to contribute, ect.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Chenjesu wrote:All you have to do is highlight words, is that so hard? Besides someone might want to look through to see how much was written or how much support it has or be in the middle of deciding if they want to contribute, ect.
when I select it it's white on blue on light gray, it's nearly unreadable without getting a headache. Besides, I don'thave time to read it all on one go-through. it's impossible for me to determine how far i've got without having to select EVERYTHING again.

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:51 pm

I have no problem reading the highlighted text, if it's that much of a problem for you then just copy it into word. I already have everything in wordpad I'll send it to you if you want.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 pm

All righty- I just wasn't sure whether this was classified information or not. :) I've seen some of this stuff online in the project files or whatever, but I don't think it's been broadcast to the SC community like this before. But I know it's all good now :)

One more thing about the spoilers: there's no way to highlight them from a mobile device, which means you can't read any of it at all. Speaking of which, I'm on my phone right now, so I can't say much about the story now... However, I promise to leave a long reply later tonight when I'm on an actual computer so we can actually start talking about the story finally...!!!
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 pm

I guess I never thought about the mobile device issue, but star control 2 is for PC so anyone here probably has a PC.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Chenjesu wrote:I guess I never thought about the mobile device issue, but star control 2 is for PC so anyone here probably has a PC.
Don't worry about it.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm okay with info being put up online, but I do think it should have spoiler tags all over the place. Sorry, but knowing the full story is going to ruin the joy of exploration, mystery and wonder. It's really the player's experiences I'm worried about. But we need to change things.

Nothing discussed here is official yet. Chenjesu is trying to put together a good story, and is hoping for community feedback. I wish him all the luck. We need a writing team. Our lead writer is working on his stupid master's degree (oh sure, like education and money is WAYYY more important than a SC2 sequel!) :P So he's out of commission for a few more months...

Just don't call this a "New SC3 Storyline" because it's not SC3. We also don't have the rights to the name. Personally, the less I'm associated with SC3, the better ;) As for people having a hard time reading the spoiler tags...well, this could be fixed with including Spoilers in the title of this post instead. This should probably fall under mods and fan content as well. Perhaps the mods can fix these issues?
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 am

Alright, now its getting serious, here's a newer version of a much better plot-line I'm working on. I've seen a few other potential authors arise, hopefully they will help.
As per the request of a few people...->WARNING!!!! THIS POST CONTAINS MANY MANY MANY MANY SPOILERS!!!! IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!!!<-

In the beginning of the galaxy there was no life, an empty place with no meaning. But then out of interstellar dust came a single world able to survive the vast and hostile space. This race would evolve to what we know of now as the Precursors. Like many sentient races they had pondered their existence, a history of their own battles and struggles and wondered of the life outside their own world eventually becoming advanced enough to answer the question “are we alone?” for themselves. For much hundreds of thousands of years as their race evolved they found nothing, and they developed something that not even their most advanced technology could defeat, a profound depression depression. A vast emptiness began to dawn on them, but with this the inspiration arose to fill the galaxy before full-filling their Final Destiny.
For many years they engineered as many different microbes as they could, adapting them in different ways but always inserting some coponent of precursor DNA or biology into them, and after this had been done the microbes had been called their “Deep Children”. Soon after they created a diverse enough collection they began the Seeding Process, using their advanced technology to terraform worlds and constructing the Mother Ark to harbor all microbes and deliver them various worlds. But to the precursor's surprise, their “tools” became alive, becoming sentient and self-aware. When asked what they were, how they had come to exist, they did not understand as they did not have their own language, but none-the-less that had muttered the sound “mmrmnhrm”.
(other plot stuff...)
(other plot stuff...)
(other plot stuff...)
(other plot stuff...)
The Umgah in their better state, wrecked by compassion-less slavery had finally had enough. Though their technology was limited, their forces were many, in fact too many, and when they finally rebelled they could not be stopped. With their new liberation that decided to make their territory in a new part of the galaxy, many many light years away from the Lurg, but their bitterness masked by their aggressive humor would cause trouble for other races, especially the Illwrath and Punk. But their bitterness wasn't the only thing they carried for they had inherited the advanced bio-engineering skills of the Lurg which would prove to later be one of their most fatal mistakes.

Dark Rising
In a different region of the galaxy far away from the grasp of the Lurg, the Ur-Quan, a race of sentient creatures resembling millipedes developed. On their own they were solitary but over time they evolved to form more complex societal structures, learned to work together. And harness the technology around them.
Eventually they developed their own form of space travel and began colonizing a vast number of worlds and to their surprise they met the Sentient Milieu, a group of six advanced races which the Ur-Quan was later offered "membership" into.
Upon the Ur-Quan's colonization and exploration through space, their scout ship encountered the Dynarri, a miserable looking though highly evolved being with telepathic abilities which they could use to control the Ur-Quan at their will. With power over a new species the Dynarri began to genetically alter a large population of Ur-Quan, dulling them down and making them better suited to carrying out their tasks which created a dichotomy in the Ur-Quan species and giving rise to the black Ur-Quan known as the Khor-Ah. 
(...other stuff in the plotline happening...)

The Taalo who were members of the Sentient Milieu were more biologically similar to the Chenjesu had seen what the Dynarri were doing, seeing their evil and how they controlled others without pity or compassion. But the Taalo who being highly evolved themselves and possessing a fundamentally different physiology were immune to the Dynarri's mind control. They, along with the and Chenjesu and other races knew that fighting the Ur-Quan would not stop the Dynarri, and so they cleverly went on to construct a device which made other life forms immune to the Dynarri's mind control powers. 

The perfected device that harnessed Taalo physiology the most, enhancing their own telepathic powers as they remained in mechanically emerged in their shells which later became known as "Taalo Devices". These devices were first given to the Khor-Ah who with their newly regained intelligence proceeded to begin destroying the Ur-Quan ships with the Drynarri inside them. Over time enough devices and forces were culminated that the Dynarri could finally be defeated after which they were themselves genetically modified to serve the Ur-Quan for communications and minor tasks. Though, one Dynarri still remained and managed to escape into quasi space where to it's luck it met the kind Airilou who being highly evolved themselves were immune to the Dynarri's powers. Eventually the Arilou would decide to give the injured Dynarri to the Umgah who had inherited advanced bio-engineering sills from the Lurg. 
However, the Taalo devices still remained scattered throughout the galaxy with the dormant Taalo inside.

(...other plot stuff...)

But the Ur-Quan still remained separated and after this triumph they became more fearful and xenophobic, taking on an almost mob-like mentality. The Khor-Ah who were somewhat more simple minded wanted to "cleanse" the galaxy, for they believed that by destroying every other race that ultimately they would be reincarnated as Ur-Quan, thus removing their possible threat. The Ur-Quan who had a similar mentality instead chose to enslave other races, migrating through space and dominating all those who would not submit to their rules. Over 20,000 years the Khor-Ah had made other races extinct, many of them minor while the Kzer-Ah had made progress enslaving any race who they thought posses a threat with a slightly greater amount of compassion than their Khor-Ah brothers. Though the Kzer-Ah and Khor-Ah had their wars with each other, they eventually parted ways, awaiting to meet each other in battle again and proceed to fullfill fate to follow The Path Of Now And Forever. The Ur-Quan would migrate to the more eastern part of the galaxy, building forces and enslaving any threatening races.

However, the Chenjesu who were entrusted to protect races in the galaxy had their limitations. Though they could not be conquered by the Ur-Quan and occasionally saved other races, many of their attempts to defend worlds had succumb to the vast Ur-Quan forces and were eventually diminished to a mere three worlds far apart. For centuries they fought hard, but after the Ur-Quan war and their colony was destroyed by the Lurg hyper-wave caster they decided they could become more powerful if they merged with their Mmrmnhrm allies, and become more powerful they did, but would their new Chmmr children become "too" powerful?. 

During this time however something happened to the Taalo; they vanished. Somehow they managed to teleport their entire solar system into qausi space, an accident created by the Orz. The Orz are a fish-like race that developed in a different plane of existence. Though they were playful in nature, they were aggressive in their efforts to explore different dimensions and eventually met the Arilou in a "higher" dimensional plane. The Orz had great mystery surrounding them which the Arilou did not like as they grew somewhat accustom to their vast knowledge, but for now the Orz decided to settle in quasi-space interacting minimally with their Arlou neighbors. 

(...other plot stuff...)
Along the Ur-Quan's journey to migrate to the eastern part of the galaxy they ran enslaved many other races. One race however managed to escape a small fleet from the Ur-Quan and ever wandered throughout the galaxy searching for a place the Ur-Quan would not find them; the Gg. Though the Gg homeworld was enslaved and eventually destroyed, a fleet of around 1000 Gg ships escaped as renegades and through their fleeing they came into contact with the Arilou. The Airlou, being understanding and compassionate had hid the Gg in quasi-space and were untouched for many years.

Shortly after finally setting in the Eastern section of the galaxy, enslaving a few other advanced races such as the Xen-Weyi, the Ur-Quan had one of their entire planets turned inside out. They had no idea what explanation there could be until they found the Mycon who through their history had developed a sense of self-importance and disregarded the the lives of other races in their own doctrine of reproducing on all planets of those who were the “non”. The Ur-Quan naturally responded aggressively to them but knowing that the Ken-Weyi had advanced planet engineering technology sought their help to protect from the Mycon and undo the damage of their “Deep Children” process. The Ur-Quan had agreed to let the Xen-Weyi free if they helped, and they proceeded to engineer some of the most sophisticated planetary technology in the galaxy, eventually creating Orgbital terraformers that could make even the most barren worlds suitable for their life. Over time the Mycon were fought back ,though their forces remained plentiful, and over various vague talks the Ur-Quan had finally realized the Mycon needed whole planets to reproduce. Though the Kzer-Ah were domineering they were not “evil”, and agreed to let the Mycon have a limited territory to reproduce in.
This action paved the way for other races to develop such as the Vux, Syreen who had possessed hyperspace technology from the noble Yehat. The Yehat had their own quarrels with the Mycon, protecting the Shofixty from them, but were able to keep them at bay on their own with powerful shield technology. But as times grew harder and the galaxy more hostile their hierarchy would start to fall apart as the Ur-Quan forces would try to rein down on them. They had successfully defended against the Ur-Quan who's forces were weakened in that region from fighting the Mycon but the Yehat had lost many and a great sorrow would fall upon them as their Pkunk brethren would migrate, seeking refuge from the hostility that had fallen upon them.

Though the Ur-Quan had worked with the Xen-Weyi, overcome the Mycon, the Ur-Quan made a costly mistake when they tried to take over the Shofixty. The Shofixty, being a proud and honorable race detonated their sun in an effort to destroy as many Ur-Quan as they could, but he Yehat who had developed a kinship with the Shofixty became outraged and attacked the Ur-Quan, calling on help from other races such as the Earthlings, Syreen and Chenjesu. The Chenjesu in turn would call upon the Mmrmnhrm and Airlou, but the Ur-Quan had pawns of their own as they proceeded to call upon the Vux, Umgah, Spathi and even the Mycon. After their victory they began the era of the Ur-Quan Masters, almost full-fulling their high doctrine.
Last edited by Chenjesu on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History ****SPOILERS****

Post by Scott Irving » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:45 am

Topic Moved and Spoilers noted in the title, I'm still not sure if everyone is in agreement about the spoilers tags being removed however and don't want to step on anyone toes as it were.
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.