p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History ****SPOILERS****

Post by Maloo Oture » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 am

Chenjesu wrote:There is one last thing though, which can perhaps finally explain the Orz motives. Perhaps originally the Orz were not the same organism. If you read back on one of my lasts quotes, the Orz say something like "Do you want to be *together*?", which to me sounds like they are offering the Humans the chance to become one organism with them. An individual or still implied that other Orz had knowledge that That particular Orz didn't have, so perhaps they sort of "hook up" and attach themselves in a higher dimension, and their ultimate goal is to become one "organism" with various races that they like, and not the ones they dislike. I'd imagine they still have to have some small sense of individuality, but they can perhaps all hear each other's thoughts and they are induced into a sort of hive-minded trance during their individual experiences as being one organism. The thing I can best relate it to is the "Borg" from Star Trek: Next Generation.
I don't know if the Orz would actually be hive minded. I think it is all just the same organism. I would relate the Orz more to the Human body than the Borg. The human body uses all of it's various parts to accomplish simple goals. Mate and eat. The Orz might have parties (eat?) with the silly cows (organisms from true-space whom have a bad relationship with the Orz). The campers, however, are different. The campers are friends.

As for your frustration over the "together with Orz cousins" quote: The Orz are all part of the same being. Just like cells. Brain cells and nerve cells all interact with each other and "tell" each other to send messages along the body. This is like the Orz in truespace. The ones that we see flying ships. They are like nerve cells.

User avatar
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:52 am

Maloo Oture wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:There is one last thing though, which can perhaps finally explain the Orz motives. Perhaps originally the Orz were not the same organism. If you read back on one of my lasts quotes, the Orz say something like "Do you want to be *together*?", which to me sounds like they are offering the Humans the chance to become one organism with them. An individual or still implied that other Orz had knowledge that That particular Orz didn't have, so perhaps they sort of "hook up" and attach themselves in a higher dimension, and their ultimate goal is to become one "organism" with various races that they like, and not the ones they dislike. I'd imagine they still have to have some small sense of individuality, but they can perhaps all hear each other's thoughts and they are induced into a sort of hive-minded trance during their individual experiences as being one organism. The thing I can best relate it to is the "Borg" from Star Trek: Next Generation.
I don't know if the Orz would actually be hive minded. I think it is all just the same organism. I would relate the Orz more to the Human body than the Borg. The human body uses all of it's various parts to accomplish simple goals. Mate and eat. The Orz might have parties (eat?) with the silly cows (organisms from true-space whom have a bad relationship with the Orz). The campers, however, are different. The campers are friends.

As for your frustration over the "together with Orz cousins" quote: The Orz are all part of the same being. Just like cells. Brain cells and nerve cells all interact with each other and "tell" each other to send messages along the body. This is like the Orz in truespace. The ones that we see flying ships. They are like nerve cells.
Possibly, I guess the "cell" method could be a better way to explain it, but how can they have the biological capabilities to merge races at will if they didn't start out as a separate organism and THEN find a way to be one organism? I may have cells in my body, but I can't just walk into someone and become one human twice the size. And with thy logic in mind Orz space would probably attack us as an immune response, but is flying a space ship inside an organism really the best way to talk to it? Why not just talk to an Orz?

A temporal warped would be needed to travel into Orz space because as they put it, True Space is "slow time". If we enter into a dimension where time relatively flows faster we would need a device so that our time symmetric oscillation modes of our atoms that make up our body wouldn't be "out of phase". If we don't have a temporal warper we would essentially age to death and the ship would crumble. Not exactly a typical immune system response. Though it is an interesting though which I think was in Star Trek as well.

User avatar
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:26 am

Otherwise maybe we can merely make it vague enough that a player decides for themselves. When you're in Orz space with the temporal warper and you venture far enough, you encounter a humungous plasma jelly-fish like structure that moves slowly with tentacles extending into wormholes that lead into True Space. When you go to talk to it, it says "Hello *happy camper*, you have found the Orz!" The captain eventually says "Are you one organism or are you many?" and the 'thing' responds "Silly camper, Orz are not *we* or *I*, Orz are Orz!", and with that the player can decide for themselves what the Orz really are. Then the Orz try and bring themselves (or itself) and the captain and his crew "together" and the captain will have to *dance* with the giant organism thing, but then the captain has to explain that he can't be fully *together*, but perhaps one day other Earthlings may try it, and then proceeds to ask about the Taalo who were mentioned by the Arilou.

Well, into the next issue: The Shofixty.
So the Shofixty patrol went missing, but someone suggested that eventually if you ignore the Shofixty for too long a religious sect takes over and they commit mass suicide. But that doesn't make sense, they worked hard to grow their race, their Yehat friends have peacefully united with the Pkunk and the Ur-Quan are running for their lives, they have a lot more to live for. Instead what should happen which is what Damon suggested, that there is a dichotomy between the male Shofixty and female Shofixty since the females have a harder life and do not get as many opportunities. This would be triggered by something you do with the Xen-Weyi which get's the Syreen to visit the Shofixty's region of space because the Syreen are interested in the Xen-Weyi's planet engineering technology. Since the Syreen are a matriarchal society they would inspire female Shofixty to break off and form their separate society, unless you do something about it. The consequences of this would be that you no longer get the Shofixty ships and they become more vulnerable to the Lurg.

Also maybe we should forgo sounds that species make in the middle of sentences. If they make it at the beginning or end its fine, but if say the Yehat squawk in the middle of a sentence it sort of conveys a lack of self-control even though they are a sentient species and can definitely control what they say.

User avatar
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:15 am

It's Shofixti, not Shofixty...

User avatar
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2108
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 am
Location: Israel

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by Alvarin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 am

I agree with dismissing Yehat squawk. On the other hand, Thraddash snort was fitting, so I don't think it should be that clear cut. In SC2 these were the only two races to do so, so 50-50. I did not read the spoilers, so do not know if any other races are planned with the mid-sentence outbursts.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

User avatar
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:30 pm

There's another thing too that Damon brought up that sort of fits in with what I was saying. So one of the main problems is that the Chmmr pretty much go insane, over time they become paranoid, power-mad and domineering, and this would be because the captain used the Sun Device and completed the hybridization process before it should have been. So with this in mind, the captain will have to find something to fix the Chmmr. First, he will have to fond the Mother Ark, which in my story-line is a device created by the Precursors that harbored all nascent microbes which were to be seeded onto various planets, which the Mhrmnhrm as part of the Ark were suppose to deliver onto the surface of various suitable worlds. The Mother Ark has been emptied biologically except for possibly a few key pieces of information that may come in handy, but using the Black Orb the captain activates the Mother-Ark which triggers the production of Mmrmnhrm ships and he can now make contact with them and ask them about fixing the Chmmr.

But is that it? Just say "Hey the Chmmr are broken, can you fix em?" and there we go? No more power-mad and paranoid Chmmr?

There's two other options as well. We can either make the Chenjesu still alive by giving them a colony far far away which can be reached using the Arilou's new warp-wave caster, or we can ask the Taalo for help because they are biologically similar in some ways so that they can repair the Chenjesu part of the Chmmr.

User avatar
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Well here's the mission-line I have so far.

Index:
Page 1: Index
2: Starting off: The missing Shofixti Patrol and the Lurg encounters.
3: Building Forces: Contacting the Xen-Weyi, Baul and Foon-Foon. 
4: More Xen-Weyi, Baul and Foon-Foon stuff.
5: The Foon-Foon Rebelion 
6: The Orz and Taalo
7: Locating and finding the Faz
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
 
 
 
 

















Starting off: 
You start off at the Chmmr base in Procyon talking to the Chmmr commander who tells you that 3 shofixti ships have gone missing. The Ur-Quan forces are fleeing as well. The Kzer-Ah have fled so far their location is unknown, however the Khor-Ah have adapted guerrilla warfare to keep pressure on the Chmmr as they build greater forces. 
When you investigate the Shofixty patrol area, the first patrol area furthest to the left contains a Lurg base harboring a mysterious black Orb. Upon confronting the Lurg you learn that they have advanced bio-engineering skills and are wary of you because of your new Chmmr allies and because you have discovered the Orb you must be destroyed. 
After you destroy them you take the Orb from the surface, but it releases an electro-magnetic bursts that damages your ship, but does not completely stop it. No one knows what the Orb does at this point, all we know know is that it's capable of releasing enourmous amounts of magnetic energy which the Lurg's ships won't be effected by as they have harnessed bio-computers. However the Shofixty are no where in sight, so the captain proceeds to Patrol 2 in search of the Shofixti. Here in Gamma Messier the captain finds a full fledged Lurg colony. They explain that their purpose is to try and store balance to the galaxy, making the weak “stronger” and the strong “weaker” and mentions the Foon-Foon and Baul situation to the East in patrol 3. The Lurg however explain their existence must be kept a secret from the Chmmr, and so they try and kill you. However to their surprise the Arilou teleport to save the captain. The Lurg cannot possibly land a single hit on the Arilou's vessels, however the Arilou cannot effectively penetrate bubble fields and the Lurg ships healing abilities. Both forces realize this and the stand-off becomes a stalemate. The Captain is safe for now and the Arilou return to explaine they have come to stop the Lurg and help the captain unite the galaxy while the Lurg are implied to be very ancient rivals of the Arilou, even before the Sentient Milieu had developed. 
However, the captain still did not find that damn Shofixti patrol and finally heads to the third patrol, occasionally refueling and recrewing at the Chmmr or Earth starbase. Finally in Delta Angstrom the captain finds a minor Lurg base. Guarded by 10 Lurg ships, they do whatever they can to convince the captain to leave and try not to reveal what they're doing
.
So after destroying those Lurg ships the captain lands on the surface to find a biological lab where various subjects are being “experimented on”, turning into horrible mutated forms. One of these life forms spoke, saying “captain...”. The Shofixti fell unconscious as it had been hooked up to heavy anesthesia mechanics. The captain felt sympathy for the other races being altered by did not know what to do with them. He collected three remaining shofixti-like subjects as well as two Baul-like who were able to be kept alive on heavy life support. Should the captain take them to the Shofixti, the Shofixti would be enraged, proceeding to possibly attack the Lurg by themselves.
 So, the player can go to the Shofixti territory and tell the Shofixti what the Lurg are doing and they will get very angry, eventually leading to a dichotomy in the Shofixti race after the Syreen influence.  The Shofixti didn't attack as they had no idea where the Lurg actually were at this point, but if they did know where the Lurg were, much of there territory would migrate to fight them off, seeking help from the Chmmr and Yehat, at least if the captain cannot tell them to stop.
If they do, the Shofixti will be set back and no longer supply you with their ships.
After telling the Chmmr commander of the the news of the Lurg, the captain notices a couple minor glitches. It seems like nothing and the Chmmr say “we will fix them”. The Chmmr commander however goes on to say that not only should other races be warned in private so that Lurg do not intercept their hyper-wave transmissions and learn that the Alliance is onto them, but also seek out new allies and races that were slave shielded. The Chmmr do not know exactly where any new allies might be, but the player is suppose to remember that the Lurg mentioned the Baul and Foon-Foon somewhere around patrol 3. The captain has the option to find their territory before reporting to the Chmmr which is fine and will effect nothing.
Part 2, building forces:
(The captain can talk to the Melenorme and get an upgrade that allows the flag ship to carry more resources)
With the Vulpulacae portal still not yet formed which the player has no knowledge of I'm just saying that so you know to leave it out for now, the captain/player journeys to any of the Hicetas systems (south of the Yehat) to find the Xen-Weyi. The Xen-Weyi are a worm-like race who communicate through ground vibrations, using their oscillatory transceivers so computers can interpret their movements. Every planet (excpet gas giant planets) in all Hicetas systems have been completely terraformed and fully support life, however there is one planet which is in the process of being terraformed. At this point the captain does not have the option to steal the orbital terraformer but later he will have the option to buy one or steal that one. When making contact with the Xen-Weyi he finds they are a pretty peaceful race, but also very neutral and with an army of their own. Even though the captain tells them that the Alliance of Free Stars fought off the Ur-Quan, they are not so quick to make join but are still impressed with their alliance non-the-less. They mention seeing a few Ur-Quan ships fly by their systems without engaging them, flying South-South-West. The Captain can also ask about the Xen-Weyi's history to learn they were once enslaved by the Ur-Quan but were freed because their advanced planet engineering technology and forces helped the Ur-Quan deal with the Mycon, and in fact they can almost completely undo what the Mycon have done which the Syreen would be very interested in. They will consider your alliance, but for now with their own army they remain neutral. They proceed to tell you that you can perhaps get help from the Baul and Foon-Foon directly south of them.
At this point the captain can journey to the Baul systems south and/or tell the Syreen that the Xen-Weyi and fix their original home-world “Organon”. If you tell the Syreen this information, some of their forces will venture towards the Xen-Weyi (and you should be able to see a very small syreen bubble moving towards them), but will talk to the Shifxti along the way which will inspire the dichotomy between males and females in the Shofixty race. Since the Syreen are a matriarchal race with few males, they will inspire the female Shofixti who have less rights and harder lives to seek out a new path for themselves. If the captain does not deal with this, it will play into the dichotomy that will lead to the Shofity's destruction at the hands (or tentacles) of the Lurg. The benefit though is that the Syreen will have a planet somewhat a little closer to Vux territory, near the edge of this galactic section and reduce the cost of their ships by 30%. Eventually this effect can be combined with the joining of other allies to reduce the cost of crew by 1 unit. The Xen-Weyi however offer that they can give the captain fuel in exchange for resources.
So anyway the captain ventures onward to Baul territory in the Poena systems, finding that they are tough and hardy though in a much looser way than the Thraddash as sometimes they are even drunken. After the captain tells the Baul of the threat of the Lurg, the Baul dismiss it saying they defeated the Lurg a long time ago and they are not a threat to them. However, the captain reveals the horribly mutated Baul specimens he obtained from the lab (if he doesn't have the specimins he will have to tell the Baul that he will get “evidence” that the Lurg are a threat). However unlike most races,  but similarly to the Thraddash, in order to fully convince the Baul to join him he will have to destroy 4 of their ships without losing a single ship of their own. If he does lose a single ship then they will not consider him mighty enough. At this point each Baul fleet he encounters contains 5 ships so it's fine. When the captain defeats the 4th ship in a row, the last Baul ship will stop the battle and hail you again, claiming he had acted  bravely and  they will more strongly consider his support and even tell the captain to investigate a possible Foon-Foon rebellion they suspect.
(side note: The star Alcyon which is near Baul territory has historical significance in Christian religion. I don't know exactly why, but in Christian mythology it had something to do with god's light and eventually an apocalypse involving the entire surface of the Earth burned from light, perhaps there is something related to a powerful device there, maybe capable of breaking slave shields?.)
But regardless of this the captain proceeds southward to the Baul territory. There's a worm hole in that general region of space to quasi-space which the captain can use to reach the Arilou who can equip him with a new Quasi-Portal device (The Melenorme can tell him where the wormhole is).
Proceeding ever south-ward the Captain finds that Alpha Juturna and Beta Lupi are Foon-Foon territory, but when he get's there the Foon-Foon are being controlled by the Baul and there are both Foon-Foon and Baul ships, though more Baul ships and Foon-Foon. 
The Baul are not hostile towards the captain for coming here, they just say “so you decided to pay them a visit after al eh? Suite yourself.” Or something like that. The Foon-Foon are very clean insect-like creatures who speak more quickly and are more polite, nearly the opposite of the Baul. They explain that a long time ago the Baul conquered them when the Lurg had tried to conquer this region and the Baul fought them off, but also used that oppostunity to conquer them as well. The captain proceed to say “You seem rather happy...” (in your current situation), the insects who are somewhat intelligent express so much content that the captain is suppose to extrapolate they are being sarcastic. In reality they are miserable, being treated as lower-class and extorted for resources and used for labor. The captain can see further evidence of this upon visiting other Foon-Foon worlds when they say “We have very little resources...” and “Our life is hard...” “We usually pay tribute to our Baul overseers...”. The Baul had aso expressed they closely monitor the Foon-Foon since they tried to rebel in the past, monitoring all conversations. With this thought the captain will say “unforotunately I forsee an accident happening, I will ty my best to deal with it...” to which the Foon-Foon respond “Perhaps the Xen-Weyi can help, they are very advanced”. The Foon-Foon mistakenly think that the captain can get the Xen-Weyi to free them since they are somewhat kind, but really this leads the captain to acquire an orbital terriformer. He needs this to talk with the Foon-Foon in private not only to learn the history of the Baul and Lurg but also to give them the chance to rebel, because obviously the captain can't openly talk of a rebellion with the Baul listening in, they will act hostile towards him.
After being told this the captain heads to Xen-Weyi territory and asks how he can help the Foon-Foon and if the Xen-Weyi even knew about it. The Xen-Weyi express that they know the Foon-Foon are virtually enslaved but that it is not their place to interfere with those races, feeling that they wanted to distance themselves from the actions of the Ur-Quan. However, the Xen-Weyi give you the opportunity to buy an orbital terraformer for 50,000 RU units. If you do this, it will definitely delay your attempts, but the Xen-Weyi will consider your trade an act of good business and be closer to considering you an ally. Or, you can steal the Orbital terraformer at the planet that's being terraformed and although the Xen-Weyi won't attack you, you will never be able  to convince them to be your ally. Either way when the captain acquires it, if he can't figure it out himself, the Melenorme will tell him that much of the highly advanced technology in the galaxy is inspired from Precursor remnants... which is why they were able to outfit his previous flag ship so well, and that various technologies can be combined. The captain must combine the Black Orb with the Orbital Terriformer to create a massive planetary scale electro-magnetic disruption that will allow him to talk with a close Foon-Foon ship running on auxiliary power from minor bio-computer technology they stole from the Lurg. Because of the massive size of the Orbital Terraformer and that it's disruption can be “directed” based on the shape of the Terraformer, the captain can enter a Foon-Foon system and send out a massive hyper-space wave that disrupts all electronics in an entire solar system (which won't be effective against the Lurg and will make the Chmmr very pissed at for using on them if you do use it). When the captain tries this at first, it will take a day, you go to the device menu and combine the two objects like you would with the Ultron, and there is a sort of lander-style report that says “Captiain, the Black Orb seems to interface with the Orbital Terraformer. It is not causing much disruption in the device and seems stable and somehow found its own place within the device, we suspect that if we used it, it would create a massive disruption that would damage any electronic equipment. Based on our previous activation of the Orb though, usage more than once would disrupt or destroy the Terraformer.”. So the captain only gets to use the Orbital Terraformer 2 times before it breaks. The Black Orb will of course be fine, it is a very powerful artifact that was created almost at the peak of the Precursor's physical existence.
So the captain get's to the Foon-Foon system, uses the device from afar and it spreads out to effect the entire system, disabling all ships. However the captain then approaches a single Foon-Foon ship running on auxiliary power (if he tries to contact a Baul ship it will only give him the option to attack them or leave). Now, the Foon-Foon begin conversing. With the captain saying “alright tell me what's really going on here”, the Foon-Foon explain that the Baul are not so mighty. The only reason they won was because a very large group of the Lurg's forces rebelled, leaving the Lurg weakened. These the rebels were described of has having often times slow, small green ships that used anti matter cones. Aside from this the Foon-Foon were implying that because the Baul were not so mighty that they could rebel and reclaim their worlds and asked the captain for help. 
Should the captain agree to help he will be asked to use his “amazing” device in a Baul system before the ther Foon-Foon forces enter it, letting the remaining Foon-Foon forces come in and conquer that system. This is will be the second time he get's to use it and now the Orbital Terraformer will break. The captain can buy another one (but only one) from the Xen-Weyi but it has no great use at this point, the Ur-Quan are too large for it to have a major effect and the Lurg's ships are unaffected by it, it's only use would be to paralyze all ships in a specific solar system.

The Foon-Foon however seem to mercilessly slaughter the Baul while they are disabled, but this is only a small amount of the Baul's forces. Eventually the Foon-Foon capture this first system, you can see their ships entering 24 hours later and as they pass over Baul ships, the Baul ships disappear. The Baul are not yet aware that the Captain is behind their destruction since their ship's sensors are disabled. From here the captain can either change his mind and tell the Baul that the Foon-Foon have taken over a star system very quickly and the Baul will send massive forces to that system which if you change your mind yet again you will have to help defeat. Or, you can lie to the Baul about knowing anything, say nothing has happened when they say “we lost contact with one of our colonies, did you see anything?”.  But in the next Baul system you visit there will be a huge Baul boss ship. If you use the Orbital Terraformer it will lose half of it's health, but it cannot be complete destroyed with that device alone. The captain will have to defeat the boss, then report to the Foon-Foon that the boss has been destroyed so they can proceed to move in. At this point the Baul know you're supporting the Foon-Foon. The Foon-Foon on their own cannot defeat the remaining Baul forces so you will have to move in to defeat the Baul, however you must be the one to stop the Foon-Foon from completely wiping out the Baul (you can see their territory shrinking every time you and the Foon-Foon destroy many Baul forces). The Baul can be completely coquered if you want them to be, but you can convince the Foon-Foon to stop, saying “I think that's enough, I will not help you in the next attack...”. 
“Left to their own devices” the Foon-Foon will attack the Baul, both sides will lose territory but eventually the Foon-Foon rebellion will be crushed, their territory will completely vanish. They'll still be alive it's just that the Baul will completely control their government and you will no longer see the Foon-Foon on their home world screens. If you helped the Baul they will be happy with you, if you help the Foon-Foon the new overseers will not hep you. 
But if you continue to help the Foon-Foon, destroying star systems of ships the Foon-Foon will eventually win. If you go to the Earth station to obtain more ships at this point, the Earth captain will say “I hear there's a rebellion going on with the Foon-Foon and YOU'RE involved...” and th Chmmr will say “What are you doing Captain?”, and you'll have to explaine that you think the Foon-Foon should be freed and will be better allies, to which the Chmmr will reply “Very well, we will not interfere with your decision and we Chmmr will have no direct role in those unfolding events.”.  You can still use the Chmmr ships to fight the Baul, but they are not going to waste their own efforts to personally interfere with the Baul and Foon-Foon situation.
At this point the captain notices a couple more glitches in the Chmmr's speech but neglects to point them out.
So anyway on with the Foon-Foon. If you let the Baul be completely dominated, the Xen-Weyi will become more wary of you and you will have to do even more work to earn their trust. But if you let a couple Baul star systems survive after the Foon-Foon say “We cannot express our gratitude enough captain!! We have won our independence from the cruel and despicable Baul and they will rule us no longer!!...” the Xen-Weyi will hear of this and not become as wary of you.
So after this revolution you will have Foon-Foon ship designs and have earned their trust as allies, or depending on other actions you will either have angry Baul or Baul allies.
If you speak to them the Melenorme tell you the location of another worm hole and technology that increases how many extra ships your Flag-Ship can coordinate by 2. You can enter a wormhole and talk to the Arilou, they will give you a Quasi-Device, saying “My child...” and “You will rise where we fell” implying that you can finally quell the battles with the Lurg and Ur-Quan. However, they also mention there is a massive anomaly in the center of the Vulpulacae system (NOW the giant portal appears). The Arilou said that when they approach the portal their ships become damaged and lack the technology to enter it, but they suspect that an “old ally” is in it and that you will need to find a device called the “Temporal Warper”. They tell you that the Orz may have a device that the Arilou can use to construct the temporal warper to be suited to your ship and so with this you are off to Orz territory.  You can tell the Arilou that the Orz said they were “above” and that the Orz said they themselves came form below. If you say this the Arilou will confusingly explain that basically they think the Orz came from a topological hyperspace subset of quasi-space.
The Arilou are still puzzled and cautious of the Orz, but they definitely know something about the Orz they aren't telling you. It's not necessarily sinister, but perhaps they just don't want to talk about it because it's too hard to explaine and they don't feel the captain needs to know about it and that most likely it will damage his relationship with the Orz, but the Arilou still warn you to be careful. Though the Arilou still don't know exactly what the Orz did with the Androsyn which is also partly why they are so cautious of them.
New wormholes in the game open up which is secretly the result of the presence of the Nnngn who eventually proceed to teleport stars. Though the Nnngn themselves are hard to detect because of their dark matter composition, if you ask the Arilou about "stars randomly appearing" (by discovering a new star not listed on the map) the Arilou will explain that they are trying to catch whatever is responsible for opening new wormholes in quasi-space as well as making those stars appear.
But anyway on with the Orz. With the portal appearing in the Vulpulacase system, the captain tries to enter it but is told by is crew that the ship is experiencing rapid deterioration. So the captain talks to the Orz, explaining to them that a giant portal has opened up. The Orz oddly enough do not seem surprised and seem to imply they have been waiting for the captain or really anyone to go into it. However the captain explains that he cannot enter the portal (if he didn't try already he will tell the Orz he will try it), so the Orz give the captain a piece of the Temporal Warper. With this the captain can enter Orz space which unlike quasi-space is very dark and the player would see black with mixtures of purple and blue. However the captain travels extremely slow and 30 units of fuel per second get used up. If he get's stuck before exiting the portal, a ship that does not explain it is the Orz but talks like the Orz and looks very different from the Orz gives you fuel and an exit exit. When you tell True Space Orz of this they somehow already know you couldn't go very far and say they're sorry you can't play or party or whatever their term was for interacting in Orz space. But at least you have some component which you give back to the Arilou, then they tell you they need one last piece that you can get Alcyon. The second planet on Alcyon harbors the device but it is guarded by 10 Baul. If you are allies with the Baul you can buy it for 10,000 RU which you can deposit each visit. If you are not complete allies you will have to destroy all 10 Baul ships and they will definitely be mad at you. Once you have the other component you must take it back to the Arilou and they will give you a fully constructed Temporal Warper. Now you can enter Orz space unhindered for 15 second periods, and if you use it in True Space which will be able to travel exceedingly fast. However when used in true space it must recharge for 5 days.
When in Orz space you see one big thing on the map. On the radar the closer object seems to have small tentacles coming out of it, but when you go up to it you see it has a lot of white, and looks like a plasma jellyfish with tentacles extending into True Space wormholes. Graphically your ship just flies "over" them, but you can use the True-Space portals if you want. When you talk to the jelly fish thing it, it looks kind of like the Slylandro's environment with many altered and fainter Orz-like figures and greet you, saying you have finally met the Orz, whatever their term for that is. However, they/it think(s) you came to it because you want to be "*together*", or merge with it into it's neurological matrix and become a singular higher dimensional organism with it. So, you enter into a "battle" with it where you have to basically shoot the giant plasma-looking tentacles and small drones. After this happens they/it will talk to you again, wondering why you attacked them/it. You will have to tell them/it that you did not come there to be "*together*" but are actually looking for the Taalo and they will give some info about where the Taalo are on your starmap as well as tell you that the Arilou are *chasing* the Nnngn, though they won't refer to the Nnngn directly by name. The Orz say they have been *chasing* the Taalo because they think the Taalo wants to merge into their matrix which is originally why they teleported them out of Quasi Space. So the Orz tell you that the Taalo have been hard to get a hold of because they are randomly popping up in a general region of Orz Space where you will have to randomly encounter their planet. Eventually the Orz will have to work with you to teleport the Lurg into a really deep dimension where time is very very very slow from out relative True Space perspective. If you ask the Orz about the Androsyn they will again say they were not happy campers and had been put below because they did not want to be *together*.
When you contact the Taalo they seem peaceful and have a warm telepathic voice as well as no actual combat ships. The captain asks how the Taalo got there and they will say they originally teleported into quasi-space but got teleported into Orz space after interacting with the Orz and not understanding exactly how they talk. They have been trying to teleport their planet back into quasi-space but with minimal success as the portal quickly collapses and at first had trouble adapting to the different temporal dimensions of Orz space but eventually figured it out. Since they are immortal silicon rocks, they were minimally effected by aging. The captain mentions that the Arilou sent him to find them and the Taalo who at this point only had legends of the Arilou were somewhat amazed that they were interacting in True Space again. The Taalo also go on to ask the captain what happened to the Ur-Quan and the captain explains that they injured themselves to break free from the Dynarri and eventually went on to enslave and eradicate other races, but now the Chmmr are pushing them back thanks to the captain's efforts. The Taalo express discontent that the Ur-Quan had become so vile and that they could not stop the Dynarri with their Taalo devices in time, they thought it was a lost cause and decided to teleport into quasi-space. But there were still other matters to discuss. They Ur-Quan had to eventually be stopped and there was a new threat called the Lurg. The Taalo say some things that imply the Lurg have been around for a long time and were fought off by the Arilou. The captain also tries to ask them for help but they explain they are a more peaceful race and have no combat ships, but they mention the Faz and Mael-Nurm (or whatever their old name was idk I can't find it in sa-matra quotes) who were not exterminated by the Dynarri's mind-control armies. The Taalo ask the captain if he knows of any way they can successfully teleport outside of Orz space, but sadly he does not, but the Taalo tell him to ask the Arilou if they can.
The captain now has two main things he can do: Talk to the Arilou again or find the so called “Faz” which he will have to as the Melenorme about. Eventually the Taalo will need to be freed and occupy True Space to help repair the broken Chmmr along with the Mmmrmnhrm since certain parts of their psychology is similar to the Chenjesu's.
After getting back to True Space the captain asks the Melenorme directly about the Faz (and he should have to option to ask about anything he wants anyway rather than hoping the Melenorme tell him something useful), but the Melenorme oddly say they have little to no information on them and so do not make a deal with the captain on that piece of information. The captain can't accuse them of lying at this point, but he doesn't really know where else to look. The Melenorme however don't know about the captain's contact with the Taalo and Orz space. The captain can try talking to the Arilou though and they will give him a general region the Faz systems are suppose to be located in, but unknown to the captain the Faz system has been moved about 5 units to the left and the former location of their home star is now occupied by a new star. Eventually it will become more obvious when a third star appears within a 4 unit radius of the Sol system and the Sol commander says that a star just teleported there.
After getting into the general Faz system he will be greeted by a Melenorme homing beacon telling him that approaching the habitable planet will have drastic consequences, which the captain of course ignores. When he approaches the Faz home-world he finds it is slave shielded with a star base and is greeted with “We are the Faz, seekers of truth.” The captain asks the Faz who they are and though don't ever lie are some times vague, and tell the captain the Faz were part of an old group of races that protected other developing worlds. They also tell the captain that the Ur-Quan enslaved them after the Melenorme sold false information to the Yuptar which the Ur-Quan used to wipe them out with. The captain explains that the Ur-Quan are running away from the new Alliance of Free Stars and that the Chmmr have the capability to free the Faz. The Faz are interested and go on to explain that they also do not like the Ur-Quan because of their selfish inheritance of The Path Of Now And Forever. The captain asks what that Path is, explaining that the Ur-Quan mentioned it some years ago and the Faz explain that their “ancestors” left relics. Some relics contained telepathic messages explaining that the races of the galaxy were suppose to one day meet the same fate as their ancestors did, and although they do not completely know what that fate is, the relics explain it is very important and connects all the races. The Faz do however mention an “ascension” which they interpreted from the relic, which the Pkunk, Utwig and Taalo have been working towards, and the Ur-Quan after meeting the Sentient Milieu had wanted to follow that Path as well which is why they were originally a part of the ancient group. But how do the Faz know about those races? Because they were part of the Sentient Milieu, but they don't directly say that it's just an implication the player has to extrapolate because as the Sentient Milieu they would visit various star systems to make sure they were safe.
Last edited by Chenjesu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 am
Location: Illinois

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by Dyandod » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Chenjesu wrote:Index:
Page 1: Index
2: Starting off: The missing Shofixti Patrol and the Lurg encounters.
3: Building Forces: Contacting the Xen-Weyi, Baul and Foon-Foon.
4: More Xen-Weyi, Baul and Foon-Foon stuff.
5: The Foon-Foon Rebelion
6: The Orz and Taalo
7: Locating and finding the Faz
All right, this is nice. It's good to be able to see a condensed version like this. We're still lacking a "main conflict", though.

I'll see if I can work on some ideas a bit tonight. One quick thing: the Syreen's original homeworld wasn't at Organon. I don't think it's ever said where there original homeworld was, but even then, why do they need it back? They have a beautiful home in Betelgeuse, now.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

User avatar
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Dyandod wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:Index:
Page 1: Index
2: Starting off: The missing Shofixti Patrol and the Lurg encounters.
3: Building Forces: Contacting the Xen-Weyi, Baul and Foon-Foon.
4: More Xen-Weyi, Baul and Foon-Foon stuff.
5: The Foon-Foon Rebelion
6: The Orz and Taalo
7: Locating and finding the Faz
All right, this is nice. It's good to be able to see a condensed version like this. We're still lacking a "main conflict", though.

I'll see if I can work on some ideas a bit tonight. One quick thing: the Syreen's original homeworld wasn't at Organon. I don't think it's ever said where there original homeworld was, but even then, why do they need it back? They have a beautiful home in Betelgeuse, now.
The "Main conflicts" are finally dealing with the Ur-Quan and Lurg. The Kzer-Ah can be defeated either by going extinct, submitting to the Alliance or submitting to the Lurg, but the Khor-Ah will still go on even after the Lurg are defeated. Then there's the Lurg themselves who have the capacity to integrate the Ur-Quan into their massive bio-engineered mutant army and take control of others. This is really just the first half of the game so far.

User avatar
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Chenjesu wrote:There's another thing too that Damon brought up that sort of fits in with what I was saying. So one of the main problems is that the Chmmr pretty much go insane, over time they become paranoid, power-mad and domineering, and this would be because the captain used the Sun Device and completed the hybridization process before it should have been. So with this in mind, the captain will have to find something to fix the Chmmr. First, he will have to fond the Mother Ark, which in my story-line is a device created by the Precursors that harbored all nascent microbes which were to be seeded onto various planets, which the Mhrmnhrm as part of the Ark were suppose to deliver onto the surface of various suitable worlds. The Mother Ark has been emptied biologically except for possibly a few key pieces of information that may come in handy, but using the Black Orb the captain activates the Mother-Ark which triggers the production of Mmrmnhrm ships and he can now make contact with them and ask them about fixing the Chmmr.

But is that it? Just say "Hey the Chmmr are broken, can you fix em?" and there we go? No more power-mad and paranoid Chmmr?

There's two other options as well. We can either make the Chenjesu still alive by giving them a colony far far away which can be reached using the Arilou's new warp-wave caster, or we can ask the Taalo for help because they are biologically similar in some ways so that they can repair the Chenjesu part of the Chmmr.
+1 on having the Chenjesu colony.

Post Reply