Here he is again - asking for help again

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Here he is again - asking for help again

Post by Tiberian » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:02 am

I was happy for a few weeks. I had gotten a very talented partner for the Groombridge Log comic. I expected great things. Her colouring skills were far above mine. Here is proof:

But then something happened. Or rather, nothing happened. For reasons unknown, she stopped answering my messages about a month ago. I have to assume that she quit. I can't wait forever.

So once again I am back where I started. Although this time my own work is almost completed. Chapter 1 is very near the end on my drawing table. When I get the last pages sketched, I'll give you some kind of a preview. But then the whole project is only about half way done.

I still have nothing coloured and I'm starting to feel a little pissed off about that. I have been pestering this forum, UQM forum, Frungylovers and Deviant art trying to get a partner. There was one guy who was interested, but apparently he suddenly got seriously injured or something. Then there was this very talented girl who disappeared. And then there is my old partner Glory Device, who can only do the inking - slowly.

I'm starting to run out of ideas. I don't think I have the motivation (or skill) to do the colouring myself. Do I have to pay someone to get a skilled and motivated partner? Where can I even find someone who would do it for money?

Nnnnggaaahhhhh! Someone has to help me! Point me somewhere where I could get help!
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Re: Here he is again - asking for help again

Post by kingschosen » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Wow. Your sentiments are like a direct echo of mine. I'm sorry I'm such a bad artist, or I would help.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:12 pm

wish i could color but alas my artistic skills in that area are rather lacking.
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:01 pm

that picture looks great. It's sad that she has left your team :(
I'm not an artist, so I can't really help you..

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm

The only professional colorist I know is Harold MacKinnon. He did some coloring for Dark Horse back in the day. I haven't really been in touch with him in a few years, but he might be willing to take on a freelance coloring job, I guess.

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm

MacKinnon looks like a pretty hardcore guy. I think he is out of my league. I don't think I should bother a man like that unless he is a huge Star Control fan.
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Well, if you're offering money, I'm sure he wouldn't be bothered! ;)

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Have you tried to do the coloring yourself? I dunno if you knew, but Some star control fans have quite extensive coloring tutorials on their site ;).

Don't know if you need any of those, but if others are interested here they are:

From Arioch, the maker of "Outsider", an SC inspired comic:
http://well-of-souls.com/gallery/tutorials.htm

From android arts (niklass jansson)
http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Myself, I can pretty do everything in game design etc myself, except the art. So I can't really help you :(.

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Angelfish wrote:Have you tried to do the coloring yourself?
Yes, I coloured the prologue all by myself. I didn't like that.