Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Grand Council IV - OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 am 
Arilou wiseguy

Feel free to play the Keel-Verezy anyway. (Maybe you do, and since the K-V are "lurkers" in the SC-2 game, you'll be a lurker in the council thread too. Not participating actively, just watching while staying hidden.)

And indeed, I'll be pleasantly surprised if anyone grabbed my "choice" before the representative I chose arrives at the council.
Also, being a big brother of 3 siblings, I learned that disclosing my preferred option usually meant someone else grabs it just to spite me, or because they think its a wanted option, just because I said so.

There are several races I'd like to play. I'll see which option comes along.

FYI, my favourite race in-game are the Supox. I also love their ship (Blade). Yet I intend to play someone else, as playing a believable Supox can/will be hard (their culture mimicks other cultures, to incite levels of trust. They are symbionts, after all. Thus you'd have to change your behaviour according to whom you're currently talking to, andaccording to their behaviour.) And they are therefore also a rather passive race. Others would need to advance the storyline, while the Supox "go-along".

I'll see what options are open, but it won't be a wild-guessing option like the secluded Burvixese (although I did play them in a different game once before), about whom we only know the home-system and the few informations the Melnorme sold us.

(And yes, I currently do have a preferred option in mind. I had it right from when I read the OP. And since I knew it back then, I won't feel obliged to follow any "dibs" in this thread, even if someone mentioned my currently favoured option (which is no intention to disclose whether it was or was not mentioned already). - So, be quick if you did mention one, just to avoid me from "grabbing" your choice. ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:05 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.
Quasispatial wrote:
palmpet wrote:
Honestly I'm just starting to consider not being involved at all...

Huh.
I honestly don't know what led you to that conclusion. Simply put, the Keel-Verezy aren't exactly the best choice for this, and other than that, we've just been having a bit of friendly discussion. I apologise if it seemed hostile to you - that certainly wasn't the intention behind it. If you feel uncertain, well, you don't have to join up right at the start. Not all players are there from the beginning, and there's no shame in joining late. You can take what time you need to consider.

Then again, it may be possible that this game just isn't for you. Not everything is to everyone's tastes. In either case, I fully respect your decision.

It's not that... it's just that I feel like I could mess it up again like last time. I want everyone else to enjoy it to. Though I should probably join later when I think more on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:50 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

I think that what messed it up last time was the huge amount of one liners, comments directed to single members instead of the council and players falling out of character. But thats just my opinion.

I still think its best that Palmpet picks another race but once again, that is my opinion.

Been giving more thought to which race I'll play. First choice is still humans but we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:36 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

Well... my second choice would be either one of the hierarchy races or the Orz.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:03 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

palmpet wrote:
Well... my second choice would be either one of the hierarchy races or the Orz.

I think it will end up being a lot easier for you to play one of those. There's plenty of back story that will help you guide the narrative and there are some races that already have a rapport with them (good OR bad). That makes for good story telling :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

The more I think about it... I think I'll try and go with the Ilwrath!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:37 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

palmpet wrote:
The more I think about it... I think I'll try and go with the Ilwrath!

Good choice. Lots of questions come along with that. The kind that will help drive the story along.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm 
*Has Civil War*

So it's been two weeks since this thread was posted, and one since the discussions died down. I dare say it is time to post the IC thread. I won't make my own appearance post right away -the introductory post needs to stand alone and I'm not one for double-posting- but if nothing unexpected pops up IRL, I should be joining in shortly. For now, you can find the IC thread somewhere in *Heavy Space*, or you could just click on this link if you're feeling lazy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Decided last minute to go Ur-Quan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:00 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

Now it's out. I'll be playing the Crimson Corporation.
Who now claims all of the local sector as being owned by them, reasoning will follow in-game at later stages.

Also, when searching for images, I found fan-art images I never knew existed. Which made me smile. (e.g. this one. have fun!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next