A thread about you-know-what, because I don't know what

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

A thread about you-know-what, because I don't know what

Post by Dyandod » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:36 am

"I don't know what" is happening with Star Control.

Stardock has the rights, but Fred and Paul have the rights, but they're both making games, but people are taking sides....

There's a lot of info in the Sequels Strife thread, but like I said before, the whole just keeps getting longer and longer and it makes my eyes glaze over. I'm not expecting anyone to drop everything they're doing and explain the whole thing to me right now, but is there some sort of condensed version of all this hoopla already out there, like a timeline or something, focusing on facts instead of opinions?

I think I semi-concluded that I didn't want to support Star Control Origins but I can't remember my reasoning, or if I was just mad and chose a side to feel better about myself. I will say in terms of politics, some of what I've seen from Brad on Twitter makes me not want to support him but.....

I won't lie, I really want to play all the Star Control games.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Re: A thread about you-know-what, because I don't know what

Post by krulle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 am

Elestan
Hunam adventurer

Post by Elestan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Dyandod wrote:I'm not expecting anyone to drop everything they're doing and explain the whole thing to me right now, but is there some sort of condensed version of all this hoopla already out there, like a timeline or something, focusing on facts instead of opinions?
Conveniently, yes, there is a fan-made FAQ.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Dyandod wrote:...I think I semi-concluded that I didn't want to support Star Control Origins but I can't remember my reasoning...
Mine was that they expected (and got) people to pay huge sums to be allowed to help them make the game.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.