Peeru Fanfic Comments

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

krulle
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Peeru Fanfic Comments

Post by krulle »

I had this thread marked, but apparently never fully read through it.
Busy doing that. Thanks!

Comments on the go, and as I note them:
Death 999 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:11 pm Chapter 32: failures

[...]

~~~~

Five days, an outrun probe, a few trivially evaded Ilwrath patrols, and, concurrently, three more hours of fruitless and not particularly applied labor on the Ultron later, they arrived at the Chenjesu homeworld in high hopes.
Death 999 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 am Chapter 47 - Arrivals

[...]

Zelnick nodded and she disconnected. Muugko was scrambling to set himself up for top command instead of assistant. We'll need to work on that - if I'm knocked out, he has to be ready to step up quicker than this.
Only spelling typos so far. Man, why did I didn't get around to completely reading it back when?

Finally got to last chapter.

That was a very enjoyable read.
Thank You very much!

Now I want to know what took the Thraddash down? Temperature, like suggested, or the Oxygen content in the air?
And apparently both Thraddash were expecting the upcoming downfall. So they knew they would never be able to become permanent crewmembers...

Looking forward... :)
Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan »

Death 999 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:09 pm Yikes, that comment was 4 years ago and my most recent chapter TEN?

It's all because I lost my train commute and gained a driving commute. That ate about 90% of my writing time. Right then, bam.

I do have that next chapter mostly done, but I wanted to have more that would lead into an arc rather just some things that happened next (even if they made sense). Also, I need to do more pre-work on the new characters…

I did some of that last month, and some of that can come in later chapters, not just right now. Okay… goal setting time. I want to publish this within 3 weeks from now (not down to the hour), and see if I can get the next chapter out 8 weeks after that.
Hey, thank you so much for finishing a new chapter! I know how hard it is to pick up projects after a long time away, but I think you did really well with it (although I had to resort to using the Peeru character reference as my memory of previous chapters was hazy). It didn't "wow" me like some of the earlier chapters did, but it was a solid addition to the story and seems to be setting something up for later.

I was a bit surprised that the Thraddash didn't have anything to say about the concept of a "torque wrench" (LIMITING the amount of force seems like a concept really contrary to their natures), or have many comments about the culture they saw inside the ship. Then again, perhaps they were too hot to be thinking straight, and it was planned to have them mention it in the next chapter...

Maybe with the new official Ur-Quan Masters sequel, there will be more readers again?

To any new readers who happen to be reading this comment and haven't read the Peeru fanfic yet - start here, it's worth it!

And I'm sorry that I wasn't here when it actually was released last October! I kinda wish there was a way to subscribe to the story thread, so I'd get an email when there's a new chapter... I'm still eagerly looking forward to the next one, whether it comes out next week or next decade. :)
Member since March 14, 2003
krulle
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by krulle »

Niffiwan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:08 amAnd I'm sorry that I wasn't here when it actually was released last October! I kinda wish there was a way to subscribe to the story thread, so I'd get an email when there's a new chapter... I'm still eagerly looking forward to the next one, whether it comes out next week or next decade. :)
There is.
At the top of the thread page, you'll find a handy short menu.

Have fun, and check the backerkit site for Free Stars.
(Everything got funded anyway, so your missed spendings wouldn't have unlocked new features anyway.)
Children of Infinity:
late backers can pledge via backerkit

Pledge increases or extras for original backers will be possible at a later point in time.
Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan »

krulle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:47 pmThere is.
At the top of the thread page, you'll find a handy short menu.
Great! Thank you. :)
Member since March 14, 2003